The correct use of can not only extend the life of aluminum alloy die-casting molds, but also improve the quality of products. So what should be paid attention to in the process of using aluminum alloy ?
1. Clean the parting surface of the mold. If there are flashes that are not removed in time, the parting surface of the mold is easy to collapse, causing aluminum to run out during the production process, which not only increases the cost of die casting, wastes aluminum materials, and product quality It is also unstable, and at the same time increases the probability of work-related injuries.
2. Use of mold cooling system. When the mold cooling water is used correctly, it not only prolongs the life of the mold, but also improves the production efficiency, effectively prolongs the life of the mold, saves the die-casting cycle, improves product quality, and reduces the use of mold release agents.
3. The mold must be preheated during the start of production to prevent the cold mold from suddenly encountering hot molten metal from tortoise cracks.
4. If the mold is equipped with neutron control, it is forbidden to connect the signal line between the die-casting machine and the mold to prevent the die-casting mold from being damaged.
Common cooling methods for :
For the life of the die-casting mold, it is also more important to cool down in time when the temperature of the die-casting mold is high. The cooling methods of die-casting molds include water cooling, air cooling, heat pipe cooling and indirect cooling.
1. Water cooling: Cooling water channels are provided on the die-casting mold to allow circulating water to pass into the molding insert or core to take the heat out of the mold. Water-cooling has high cooling efficiency, which can effectively reduce the surface temperature of the cavity, but it increases the complexity of the die-casting mold structure. It is mainly used for molds that require large heat dissipation. In order to avoid condensation on the surface of the cavity, the temperature of the cooling water should be higher than room temperature.
2. Air cooling: For parts that are difficult to be cooled by water in the die-casting mold, air cooling can be used, which can be blown by a blower or compressed air. Air cooling can not only cool the die-casting mold, but also blow the paint uniformly, disperse the volatilized gas of the paint, and reduce the porosity of the casting. The cooling temperature of air cooling is much lower than that of water cooling.
3. Heat pipe cooling: mainly used for small parts that are difficult to directly cool with cooling water. In the small parts that need to be cooled, use the heat pipe to export the special heat, and then use the cooling water to cool the heat pipe.
4. Indirect cooling: In the hot section of the die-casting mold of the mold temperature machine, indirect cooling can be stopped with alloys with high heat transfer coefficient (ammonium bronze, tungsten-based alloy, etc.), and the ammonium bronze pin is screwed into the fixed core and the end of the copper pin With cooling fins to enhance the cooling effect.
Link to this article：Precautions for the use of die-casting molds
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Silicone And Casting，Thanks