Summary Of CNC-Milling Cutting Methods
|The milling cutter can use different cutting tool rail styles when cutting the plane and side of the workpiece, which is called cutting method. There are nine cutting methods.|
- (1) CNC milling machine reciprocating cutting method. The distance between two parallel cutting tool paths is one step. The head of one cutting tool rail and the tail of the other cutting tool rail are connected by a stepping tool rail. The stepping tool rail and the cutting tool rail are on the same level. Tool rail. Reciprocating cutting methods include both up and down milling.
- (2) One-way cutting mode of CNC milling machine. One-way cutting method is that the tool cuts from one end to the other in a straight line, and then returns by lifting the knife at an interval of one step and then cutting from one end to the other. The cutting direction of each cutting tool path is the same. Each cutting tool track has an approaching tool path, an infeed tool path, and an retracting tool path. There is only one way of unidirectional cutting.
- (3) One-way contour cutting mode of CNC milling machine. The unidirectional contour cutting tool track has three sections, and the long straight sections are parallel to each other, the cutting directions are the same, and the steps are spaced one step apart. The two ends of the long cutting section each have a short cutting tool track. The shape of the short cutting tool track is the same as the contour of the side of the workpiece, which can be a straight line or a curve. The span of the short cutting tool track is a step.Each of the one-way contour cutting tool rails has a section of approaching tool path, infeed tool path and retracting tool path. Use the rapid movement of the tool to retract the previous cutting tool path and the starting point of the next cutting tool path. Connected, approaching tool path, entering tool path, retracting tool path and rapid moving tool path are not on the same level. The two short cutting tool rails make up for the shortcomings of one end of the reciprocating cutting method and the two ends of the unidirectional cutting method. The side cutting is better than the reciprocating and unidirectional cutting methods.
- (4) CNC milling machine follows peripheral cutting methods. The following cutting method is the tool track of the inner ring of the outer ring. The shape of the outermost ring is consistent with the contour shape of the workpiece boundary. The distance between the two adjacent tool tracks is one step. The step and cutting tool tracks between the circles are in the same level. All the tool paths on the same level have only one approach to the tool path, the tool path and the retreat. Knife rail. There are two directions for cutting material: one is cutting from the large circle (outside) to the small circle (inside); the other is cutting from the small circle (inside) to the large circle (outside).
- (5) Cycloid cutting method of CNC milling machine. The trochoid cutting method is that the tool moves to a narrow concave corner area, and the lateral cutting depth of the tool suddenly becomes deeper. To prevent trowels and broken tools, a trochoid cutting method can be used.
- (6) CNC milling machine follows the cutting method of the workpiece. Follow the cutting method of the workpiece To cut the workpiece with both the cavity and the core, you must choose the following cutting method. The tool track following the cutting method of the workpiece is also a closed loop, but the shape of the innermost tool track of the cutting core is consistent with the contour of the core, and the shape of the outermost tool track of the cutting cavity is consistent with the shape of the contour of the cavity. The tool track is customized by the UG CAM system. The distance between the two adjacent tool tracks is one step. The step and cutting tool tracks between the circles are in the same level. All the tool paths on the same level have only one approach to the tool path, the tool path and the retreat. Knife rail. There are both down milling and down milling following the cutting method of the workpiece. Down milling for the cavity and down milling for the cutting core.
- (7) Contour cutting mode of CNC milling machine. The contour cutting method is used for semi-finishing and finishing of side walls. After rough machining of the blank, a small amount of margin is left to perform side-single-layer and axial-multilayer semi-finishing and finishing on the sidewall by contour cutting.
- (8) Standard drive cutting method of CNC milling machine. The standard drive cutting method has the same function as the contour cutting method, the difference is that the tool tracks of the contour cutting method cannot cross; the tool tracks of the standard driving cutting method can cross.
- (9) Hybrid cutting method of CNC milling machine. After a workpiece is roughed, several cutting areas are generated. These areas are cut by several cutting methods, which is called a hybrid cutting method. Hybrid cutting methods are reciprocating, following the periphery, and following the workpiece. The three cutting methods are used in different cutting areas of a workpiece.
Link to this article： Summary Of Cutting Methods For CNC Milling Machined Parts
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！